Baseball radio in the Northeast

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Tue Jun 28 11:09:40 EDT 2011

The Evil Empire does currently broadcast on WTSN 1270 Dover NH! The NERVE!

-Paul H

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Nelson
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:05 AM
To: kvahey@gmail.com
Cc: Paul Hopfgarten ; ssmyth@psualum.com ; bri
Subject: Re: Baseball radio in the Northeast

I think at one point there were Mets affiliates in Pittsfield MA and
Plattsburgh NY. There was even an Expos affiliate in the
Montpelier/Barre area, (not to be confused with the minor league
then-Vermont Expos)--though the Pittsfield AM staton in question
(WBEC? WBRK?) may have had the minor league Pitts. Mets instead of the
National League Mets.

I looked up a site about past radio homes for the Expos and found that
they once had
affiliates in Barre VT (WSNO), Berlin NH (WBRL), and Littleton NH
(WLTN) as well as
WEAV Plattsburgh NY etc
http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?51348-Expos-Radio-Affiliates

At one point I believe Yankees games could be heard in the Lake
Sunapee/Upper Valley region of NH (perhaps on the 100.5) and just a
few years ago the 94.5 in Rutland VT, WDVT,
had Yankees baseball. A Wikipedia page listing Yankees radio network
stations does list WDVT but a yr or two ago I noticed the game wasn't
on that station.