leasing a station to the Chinese Government

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jun 28 15:24:58 EDT 2011

Mark wrote--

> Which you were a part of.  :)
>
> I heard it this morning...a nice piece of journalism.  I would have
> liked to
> hear something about how the pirate stations may be impacting WILD's
> former target audience.

Yeah, as often happens, the reporter talked to me for about 20 minutes
and then used 20 seconds.  She wanted to do a longer piece, in fact, but
you know the limitations-- if the local station is lucky, they get a
2-minute segment in Morning Edition.  I was glad to see the story
covered at all (I pushed for it with a number of people); much more
deserves to be said on it.