A special visitor to Gary's Ice Cream tonight

Bill O'Neill (billohno@gmail.com) billohno@gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 07:48:10 EDT 2011

On 6/27/2011 3:55 AM, Donna Halper wrote:
> On 6/26/2011 9:02 PM, Gary's Ice Cream wrote:
>> I had a very special visitor to Gary's Ice Cream tonight.  The man whose
>> show I produced from the evening he took over overnights in 1979 and
>> for a
>> year thereafter - Bob Raleigh.
>
> I always wondered what happened to him.  He was never one of my
> favorite jocks, but he did have a local following and a lot of folks
> liked him.

"BR on BZ!" Raleigh was always meticulous in his delivery, clean.
Superior vocal talent. Surprised me when he transitioned so well to
talk. Not easy to do. He had the unique ability to speak and deliver
well while being relatable. He worked the phones very well and had a
great way with women callers (I mean that nicely) and seemed to
genuinely respect the people with whom he spoke. His recall of previous
conversations with callers impressed me. I never met Bob but would love
to someday just to thank him for his service and in keeping up the
standards. (Perhaps he's on the list - dunno.)

Bill O'Neill