Coverage of Whitey Bulger's capture?

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Sat Jun 25 17:36:20 EDT 2011

In the early days of Glick he would read his own live news (no network - all
local) and he would call himself "Streeter Glick".  By the time I became his
producer in 1978 the overnight show (Glick, then Maynard, then Raleigh) had
a live all-nite newsperson, usually Steven Smith.  Ask me sometime about the
night that we fired the intro and Steven just sat there and stared at the
michrophone.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Dan.Strassberg
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 4:41 PM
To: Ron Bello; Boston Radio Interest
Subject: Re: Coverage of Whitey Bulger's capture?

I believe it's very similar with LeVeille. As I remember the drill,
the TOH news includes whatever local sports scores were final when the
news was recorded. Any scores that were not final at the time the
newscast was recorded are read live at the end of the recorded TOH
newscast or maybe after the traffic, which follows the TOH newscast.
If I'm not remembering this correctly, please make appropriate
corrections.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367