Coverage of Whitey Bulger's capture?

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 20:46:33 EDT 2011

On Thu, 6/23/11, Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net> wrote:
> Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 8:04 PM
> Garrett Wollman wrote:
>
> > Last I heard, the Herald was in talks to use the
> Globe's printing
> > plant and distribution system.  It looks like
> nothing but talks has
> > happened since then.
>
>  You are correct Garrett, they are still in talks regarding
> the Herald being printed at the Globe's printing plant. The
> Herald has reportedly sold the building housing their
> newsroom and offices. They looking for a new location to
> move to.

The paper sold the building a number of years ago, with the stipulation that they'd be out by the end of 2011.

And the Herald would still print some papers in Chicopee, they'd just print a city run closer to Boston. They're already printing on Friday nights at Gannett in Norwood because WSJ has the Barron's run that night and there's no USA Today on the weekend.