Cookout

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Jun 18 23:27:23 EDT 2011

On 6/18/2011 12:10 PM, Mark Watson wrote:

> I'll be wearing a Red Sox hat and a tan striped shirt. I don't have a
> Bruins hat, and I wasn't about to go to the Bruins store at the TD Garden
> today to get one. I hear there's a small gathering to celebrate the
> Stanley Cup victory going on, at least that's what I'm seeing on TV.

Didn't your "Red Sox" hat have a "B" on the front?  Could it count for
the Bruins, too?

Wednesday morning NECN had a feature on the origin of the Stanley Cup.
It was begun by Lord Stanley of Preston, who was Governor General of
Canada in the 1890s.  This motivated me on Wednesday evening to look up
Stanley Cup on Wikipedia.  I immediately noticed the sidebar entry
"Current Holder" Boston Bruins."  And that was how I learned that the
Bruins had won.  As it turns out, I was listening to CBC Radio One on my
computer (I've listened to CBC stations from time to time ever since I
discovered them on my radio back in high school).  They broke in with
the news a few moments later.  One of the interesting things they said
was that the Bruins team had more Canadians than the Canucks.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856