Bay State Banner First Newspaper To Comment On WILD

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:52:22 EDT 2011

Thanks; I'll check this out. I did go to the Banner's website shortly after the change but saw nothing. There was indeed nothing in the Herald, and I "spread the news" at least to their website via a comment on Jessica Heslam's Media and Marketing blog. A quick mention of the flip by me in that comment, plus I think I emailed Jessica.

 A friend of mine has written for the Bay State Banner in the past (he has also appeared as part of the movie panel on the Jordan Rich show), doing movie reviews.

----- Original Message -----
From: Laurence Glavin
Sent: 06/09/11 04:19 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Bay State Banner First Newspaper To Comment On WILD

 As of Thursday afternoon, 06/09, neither the Boston Globe nor the Boston Herald has seen fit to take note of the change in format at WILD-AM 1090. However, one print & internet news organ has published a story about it: the Bay state Banner, a newspaper begun a little over 40 years ago to serve primarily the readership interests of the African-American community in Boston (according to Wikipedia). Several inner-city residents are quoted in the article, and as you can expect, they are unhappy about this development, but no course of action was indicated. Here's the URL for the story: http://www.baystatebanner.com/local14-2011-06-09