Radio never warned me (regarding Spfld tornado)

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Jun 9 21:21:58 EDT 2011

<<On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 20:02:47 -0400, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> said:

> followed by one of Clear Channel's "towers on wheels," those nifty
> mobile setups that include a generator, a frequency-agile transmitter, a
> tower and antenna. How many mom-and-pop stations or small groups could
> ever have assembled one of those...much less several of them, stationed
> so that there's always one within a day's drive of any station that
> might need it?

Probably none... but Harris certainly could, and any property/casualty
insurer could, too.  Is there some regulatory barrier that prevented a
market for this service from developing?

-GAWollman