Springfield listener: Radio never warned me

Blaine Thompson irw@well.com
Tue Jun 7 15:50:26 EDT 2011

Paul Anderson wrote:
> Wasn't _anyone_ on duty at WHLL/WMAS-FM (owned by Citadel) to break in
> with some information about a tornado that passed within blocks of the
> studio?

The cynical side of me says "People are expensive.  The people in the
C-level seats don't like expensive."  (Even weekenders at minimum wage are
expensive, given the alternative of zero coverage.)

If my statements are accurate, well then, that's just sprinkles on the
sundae.

- Blaine