Phase out over-the-air signals? (was: Re: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.)

John Francini francini@mac.com
Mon Jun 6 17:33:21 EDT 2011

Maybe it's time for the FCC to start enforcing that little bit in their charter about "stations operating in the public interest"?

WDEV's rather selfless behavior should be the norm, not the exception.

WBZ-AM did a good job keeping on top of things last week during the heavy thunderstorms and tornadoes in western Mass.

Voice-tracked pre-recorded complete shows are not in the public interest.  Especially during major storms.

john