Ads for older demos (WAS: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.)

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:52:03 EDT 2011

Ahhh but Sid many of us are NOW that older demo :) I think the boomers will change that.

By the same token traffic departments have to stop for a minute and think of what can drive a listener batty - Kars for Kids may now be the most hated PSA in history.

DVR's now rule the TV universe - only people who sponsor sports or news don't have that worry.
-----Original Message-----
From: Sid Schweiger <sid@wrko.com>
Sender: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.orgDate: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:40:21
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org<boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Subject: Ads for older demos (WAS: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.)

"Someone should convince ad agencies that older listeners spend a lot of money and are responsive to properly targeted ads.*  If advertisers were convinced of that, you'd get furious competition in programming for that demo."

If you find that someone, be sure to let us know.  People have been seeking that someone for decades.

It's not that older demos have no spending money.  It's that they are more set in their ways and are less easily swayed by advertising.  The agencies claim to have reams of evidence supporting this, so convincing them otherwise is and has always been an uphill battle.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040