Phase out over-the-air signals? (was: Re: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.)

Richard Chonak rac@server4.gabrielmass.com
Fri Jun 3 14:35:51 EDT 2011

Is anybody thinking about a future without over-the-air broadcasting,
with its place taken by internet streaming?

The obstacles seem to be cost (portable streaming requires cellphone
service) and convenience (a car radio is easier to use than a streaming
app on a smartphone).

--RC