WCAS radio prize

Glenn Spatola gspatola@q.com
Tue Jul 26 20:24:53 EDT 2011

In 1978 I won the double-LP soundtrack from the movie "FM," which included
the title song by Steely Dan.  I won it from WCAS, 740kc, as they were
promoting the fact that they were an AM station with an FM (kinda mellow
progressive) format.  And they were!  WCAS was a great station at that time.
My favorite commercials running on WCAS during that time were for "T T the
Bear's Place" in Central Square, Cambridge.  Air personalities included Rick
Starr and Frank Dugeon.

Glenn