WCOP

Cohasset / Hippisley cohasset@frontiernet.net
Sat Jul 23 18:23:09 EDT 2011

On Jul 23, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

>  IIRC, Plough (or
> at least Plough Broadcasting--maybe not the entire pharmaceutical
> company) was headquartered in Atlanta,

WCOP was one of my two most-listened-to stations when I was in the East Campus dorms at MIT '58-'62.  (The other was then-WTBS, naturally. WMEX was third because they didn't come in very well a lot of the time.)  I have carried with me ever since that "Plough Incorporated" (which was the phrasing I heard over and over on WCOP) was headquartered in Memphis.  But I have nothing to back that up except slowly fading half-century-old recollections.

Bud Hippisley