Could News Corp lose right to broadcast in the US

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Jul 22 22:07:20 EDT 2011

And WHBQ was only 1 kW at night. ABC owned WXYZ in Detroit, which  was
5 kW and KECA (now KABC) in Los Angeles, which was and is also 5 kW.
CBS may also have owned a station in Houston that was only 5 kW.
NBC, which tended to be the most facilities consious of the networks,
owned WRC in DC, which was only 5 kW. I think Group W may have owned
KSFO for a while when KSFO was 5 kW-D/ 1-kW-N. Also, CBS owned KCBS
(KQW) before it increased to 50 kW. It was 7500W at the time.

However, I believe that at one point, CBS tried to do a frequency swap
with WLAW, which would have put WEEI on 680 with 50 kW. That,
presumably would have moved the 590 frequency to Lawrence, which might
not have worked because of second-adjacent overlap with WMUR 610. In
those days, the second-adjacent overlap rules were tighter than they
are now. Moving 590 to Lawrence might also have caused problems with
WTAG.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367