Could News Corp lose right to broadcast in the US

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jul 19 13:12:29 EDT 2011

<<On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:28:45 -0400, Larry Sochrin <lsochrin@rcn.com> said:

> The reactions from almost everyone up here seem to completely
> overlook one key factor, namely ratings.  Whether you like Fox News
> or not, when I last looked, viewers were still endorsing them over
> their competitors by tuning in. As long as they don't pull the same
> type of dirty tricks that happened in the UK, the law of supply and
> demand should still hold in US broadcasting, no?

Fox News isn't broadcast, and we don't have a Canadian-style
regulatory regime where the government decides what cable channels may
be offered.  Whatever the blowback from the scandal is, it will have
no effect whatsoever on Fox News.

-GAWollman