Baseball radio in the Northeast

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Jul 13 09:47:04 EDT 2011

Kevin Vahey wrote:
> As bad as the Broons were the last 20 years I was told that the team
> was a huge profit center for WBZ and AM fought to keep them when 98.5
> came along.
>
> I don't understand the Mets thinking.
>
> Is SNY on cable upstate? MSG is secure as they locked up Sabres
> hockey when Empire imploded. YES seems to be on all systems in NYS.

Yes, the Mets have the exact same TV territory as the Yankees - all of
NYS, northern NJ, half of CT - and SNY appears to be available
everywhere YES (at least the local version, not "National YES") is seen.

Of course, Time Warner Cable is so dominant in upstate NY that once
you've done a deal with them, as SNY did right from the start, you're
covered nearly everywhere up here. The only major area that wasn't
historically TWC up here was Buffalo, but when Adelphia imploded (see
"Empire," above), TWC sucked up those cable assets in a hurry.