Baseball radio in the Northeast

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:39:30 EDT 2011

Actually in 1996 they were on 1150 all summer as 850 was at low power for some reason
-----Original Message-----
From: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:31:47
To: <kvahey@gmail.com>; <ssmyth@psualum.com>; bri<bri@bostonradio.org>
Subject: Re: Baseball radio in the Northeast

Do you mean 99.1 rather than 99.5? The Sox were on 99.1 and 1390 in
what? the '70s? And you've left out a few, such as 1330 (for night
games only) when the construction of the State St South office complex
in Quincy decimated 1510's already putrid night signal in the western
suburbs (both inside and outside of 128; 1330 helped mostly inside). I
also believe that, at one time, the Sox were on 107.9 for night games
when 107.9 was WWEL-FM and probably before the transmitter moved to
the Pru. If that's correct, 107.9 had much less than a full-market
signal; the HAAT from the top of the 1430 tower at 99 Rever Beach
Parkway must have been about 100'. Surprisingly, I don't think the Sox
were ever on 1150.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367