as the sun sets in St John's, Newfoundland

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:18:10 EDT 2011

Must factor that most private owned AM's in Canada did not beam a signal into the US

Saturday night - 850 was like a local in PEI.

BTW - how can they justify a toll of $43.25 for the bridge to PEI? It is 8 miles long but that toll charge is insane.
-----Original Message-----
From: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
Sender: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.orgDate: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 08:03:05
To: Paul Hopfgarten<paul@derrynh.net>; Jeff Lehmann<jjlehmann@comcast.net>; Doug Drown<revdoug1@myfairpoint.net>
Cc: bri<bri@bostonradio.org>
Subject: Re: as the sun sets in St John's, Newfoundland

I think so. CHSJ 25 kW-U DA-N, I believe. It had been on 1150 with (I
think) 10 kW DA-1 and would totally mess up daytime reception of the
Boston 1150 in Provincetown. I remember driving by the massive
guy-supported tower (plus a shorter tower) just east of St John's
during a trip to the Maritimes in the late 1970s. It wasn't long
afterward that CHSJ moved to 700.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367