as the sun sets in St John's, Newfoundland

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 18:32:01 EDT 2011

Nova Scotia FMs can only be heard during tropo conditions. When conditions are right, some of them really come blasting in, though I have a much better than average setup to receive them.

I also heard some NF FMs a couple years ago via tropo, but it is extremely rare. It's much more common to hear NF stations via e skip, as I think most of them are around 700-800 miles away.

I believe some AM stations like 780 used to make to Cape Cod at least, during the day.

Jeff Lehmann