Jay Dunn, RIP

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 18:31:48 EST 2011

No Jeff Kaye left in early 1966 for WKBW

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182597_1792389442227_1014362077_32054045_4866038_n.jpg

Bob Kennedy's widow is still angry at Westinghouse. When his contract came
up he was offered $32K to do both radio and TV. His shows between radio and
TV were billing $750K.

Bob got an agent - Westinghouse laughed as they knew someone in Chicago had
just lost his job when WBBM went to all news. Bob went to KABC but hated
Southern California and then went to WLS-TV in Chicago where he hosted a
morning AND late night show.

He was all set to become the host of the new Good Morning America when he
suddenly got ill and died. He was 44.