Dale Arnold odd man out at EEI

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 22:21:33 EST 2011

On Tue, 2/15/11, Chuck Igo <chuckigo@maine.rr.com> wrote:
> um, Dale's not "60ish."  He's a year older than I, and
> I'm 52.  That makes him well within the demo - and that
> logic, Sean, sadly, is hopefully not how you might run a
> radio station.
>
> -- Chuck Igo (who worked at several "25-54" demo stations
> long before my 25th birthday)

Chuck: I agree, it's not the way you run a station, but I did think Dale was much older -- he's been on in the market for nearly 25 years. I thought he was 40ish at the time he started at WEEI, but I stand/sit corrected.

(That also means he was calling Patriots games and sports director at a 50k station at 30 or so, which is pretty impressive.)

Dale also projects older and always has. That's not a knock on him. I enjoy his work and thought he was one of the more grounded hosts on 850; but even in his early 30s, he never sounded "hip" by anyone's definition.