Change of FM band frequencies

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Dec 15 12:58:37 EST 2011

On 12/15/2011 12:55 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> With all due respect to Donna, I think she is biased regarding Mr
> Shepard's importance to radio as a nationwide communications medium.
> He certainly was very important in New England but how important were
> his contributions outside of New England?

Why yes, Dan, they were.  Shepard was on the board of the NAB (a
founding member, back when they really did stand up for smaller
stations), was also on the board of nearly every major broadcasting
advocacy group, was a passionate defender of broadcast journalism, and
there was not a week that went by when a broadcasting magazine did not
quote him.