Change of FM band frequencies

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Dec 15 01:38:56 EST 2011

On 12/15/2011 12:45 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> I should point out that the television (1992) and radio (1993)
> versions were based on the 1991 book of the same name by Tom Lewis.

And while it was a well-done TV documentary, it badly underplayed anyone
was not corporate (Westinghouse, GE, RCA), never mentioned any women or
minorities, and focused on Sarnoff, Armstrong and DeForest as if they
were the entire story of radio.  Agreed, they were three major figures
(although DeForest's role could be debated-- he was quite a
self-promoter), but the early years of broadcasting had some amazing
entrepreneurs, including the late great John Shepard 3rd, who was
mentioned but just barely.