WBZ-TV news makeover

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:13:03 EST 2011

 I watched the 11:00 pm news last night (Monday, 12/12/11) and was able to observe one advance over the old set.
 Weatherman Todd Gutner announced that thanks to the H-U-G-E screen WBZ-TV was using for weather graphics instead
 of a green screen, HE WAS WEARING A GREEN TIE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS CAREER! This is the greatest advance
 in television broadcasting since the installation of the coast-to-coast coaxial cable 50 years ago! I can hardly wait until
 St. Patrick's Day 2012...the meteorolgists at WBZ-TV will be the only such people wearing o' the green.