WUMB Off?

~Bill ecps92@earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 05:25:44 EDT 2011

The Hill where UMB is, [right above my house in Quincy] still has no power
as of 05:20 am [Tue]

I'm surprised there is no Generator at the site

Bill Dunn           N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Halper
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:17 AM
To: Larry Weil
Cc: Boston Radio
Subject: Re: WUMB Off?

On 8/30/2011 12:01 AM, Larry Weil wrote:
> I just noticed that I cannot get WUMB on 91.9, but I can get their
Newburyport signal (WNEF) on 91.7.

> I know that the 91.9 transmitter is (or was) in Quincy, I wonder if they
were using the same tower as WJDA?  There is nothing about this on the WUMB
website.

Well, I wouldn't  be surprised. I was told all the Brockton stations
were knocked off the air and one is still not back on yet.  I assume you
can call WUMB tomorrow and ask what is going on.  There weren't a lot of
power outages in Quincy (although our cable was down for over a day) but
a couple of neighborhoods did suffer falling tree branches and downed
power lines.  I am told the building that houses the Quincy
Patriot-Ledger was affected by the storm, so maybe WUMB was too.