Hurricane Irene Radio & TV Coverage

markwats@comcast.net markwats@comcast.net
Sat Aug 27 21:29:46 EDT 2011

  It appears WBZ Radio has pre-empted Kim Komando's syndicated show tonight to provide live coverage of the impending arrival of Hurricane Irene. Earlier today when I was out and about on the North Shore I was hearing a hurricane update on WODS from WBZ New Radio 1030's Mary Blake. WNBP (1450) was airing hourly local updates and cancellations.

 Local TV finds as of 9:20PM WBZ, WCVB, WHDH & WFXT all airing network programming. I would guess they will be wall to wall coverage tomorrow.

 Scanning the radio dial, WEPN (1050 NYC) has apparently blown out it's ESPN programming to simulcast WABC-TV's continuous coverage.

 Listening on line to WLNG earlier, they were testing their backup studio at the overnight jock's house, with a T-1 connection to the transmitter, in case they have to evacuate "Broadcast House".

Mark Watson