Channel 44

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Mon Aug 15 11:06:30 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Dan.Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
> So I believe that 44-1 has now converted to HD and
> 44-5 has disappared (but it has left a trace of itself--dead channels
> seem to leave traces of themselves; despite many "rescans," what I
> believe to be the VHF versions of 7-1 and 7-2 continue to appear even
> though the UHF versions are enabled and are the only 7s that provide
> programming; the VHF 7s produce only black screens).

I ran into the same thing here this weekend, when our CBS affiliate
launched a UHF fill-in transmitter.

Disconnect your antenna from the tuner ENTIRELY. Rescan. When it's
done, you'll have no channels. Plug in the antenna again, rescan, and
all should be right.

Of course, if you had a straggler in there that you want to keep, even
though it doesn't decode 100%, the rescanning wipes it out.  But it
will pick up every channel you CURRENTLY receive.

Mike