Channel 44

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Aug 14 23:44:54 EDT 2011

My friend who is not very tech savvy and watches off-air TV with a
converter box (that I set up for her) told me that channel 44 had
disappeared from her channel menu.  I checked today and found that
channel 44-1 had become 44-5, and the WGBX programming is there.
Channels 44-2, 44-3, and 44-4 (GBH Kids, World, and Create) appear to be
unchanged.  She wasn't sophisticated enough to notice that.

So why did WGBH change 44-1 to 44-5?  And why didn't they bother to
announce something so that my friend (and others like her) can find the
station?

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856