The Mike Douglas Show (5/27/66)

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Mon Aug 8 21:15:59 EDT 2011

At 08:49 PM 8/8/2011, Maureen Carney wrote:

>I was recently reading something that Mike Douglas pushed for his
>show to go to Boston instead of Philly. He had done a week of shows
>from here sometime in 1965 and liked the audience response. Group W
>put him in Philly to be closer to New York.

Philadelphia's proximity to New York made possible something that
would not have been practical in Boston - transporting New York based
guests to and from the studios in limos. A major exception was Jack
Benny, who, true to his persona, arrived at Mike's studio on a
Philadelphia city bus.

Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html