What is it with this royal wedding nonsense?

Blaine Thompson irw@well.com
Fri Apr 29 03:12:40 EDT 2011

Donna Halper wrote:
> WHY?

I don't fall on the "pro" or "con" side of media coverage for this event.

As some of you know, I also work in academia.  A student (21 year old
female) asked me why she should care about this wedding.

The only reason I could come up with was "The British monarchy knows how
to do a wedding, and you've never seen a Royal wedding before, as the last
big one was in 1981."

That's just one theory as to the importance of the event.  Perhaps Boston
TV GM's share my theory.  Perhaps not.

- Blaine