WBUR lashes out at WGBH

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Thu Apr 21 16:19:10 EDT 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:53:10 -0400, Mark Laurence <marklaurence@mac.com> said:
>
>> There are only 4 hours of "simulcasting," albeit the most important
>> hours of the day.
>
> On which day?  I only listen on weekends, and I remember when WBUR
> added an extra early airing of "Wait, Wait" to counterprogram WGBH.

I was talking about Monday through Friday schedules when they both air "Morning Edition" between 7 and 9, and "All Things Considered" between 4 and 6 PM.  But on Saturday there are also just 4 hours of "simulcasting," between 8 and 11AM (including "Wait Wait") and "This American Life" at noon.  On Sunday it's only 2 hours: "Weekend Edition" between 8 and 10 AM.  The "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered" simulcasts have been going on long before 'GBH made all of the recent changes.