WAAF Apparently Transmitting From Paxton, Not WUNI-DT Tower

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 11:37:39 EDT 2011

I was the one that posted that last Monday. Seems like they were only on Paxton for a couple hours last Monday after they apparently had trouble with lightning, and seemly lost all communication with the WUNI site.  Both transmitters were on at the same time, WUNI with dead air (both analog and HD) and Paxton on with analog only audio. Paxton didn't seem to have RDS, while the dead carrier did.

Since that day, they've been back with HD and RDS, so I assume it's back on WUNI. I don't have a HD receiver with me right now, but I am seeing RDS.

Jeff Lehmann