WEEI 590 Ad

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 00:03:38 EDT 2011

On Sat, 4/9/11, Maureen Carney <m_carney@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I found this on YouTube tonight. It's
> a bunch of ads from WFXT in 1992. The 2nd
> one in is a :15 spot for WEEI on 590. I didn't think they
> did any television
> until they went to 850, but I guess I'm wrong.
>
> http://youtu.be/DMNLxDw4-4w

I'm pretty sure at that point that the Celtics still owned 590 and Channel 25. I recall some good cross-promotion between the two during the mutual ownership -- Jimmy Myers did the Celtics' pre- and post-game shows, and he also did nights on 590, for instance.

The Celtics were about 10 or 12 years ahead of their time in owning Channel 25.