Jay Severin fired from 96.9 WTKK

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:00:11 EDT 2011

I would think his Boston options are slim - I can't see 1200 paying him what he thinks he is worth - RKO likewise.

-----Original Message-----
From: "billohno@gmail.com" <billohno@gmail.com>
Sender: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.orgDate: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:55:18
To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Subject: Re: Jay Severin fired from 96.9 WTKK

On 4/6/2011 12:52 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
> Jay is all done at 96.9
>
> NECN is reporting. No link yet.

Severin's remarks created an HR nightmare when he suggested he'd had
carnal relationships with many of his co-workers.  So, he crossed a line
and lost.  In the past, he would have crossed the line.  As goes the
culture, there is no clear truth, right or wrong, and therefore, fixed
line to cross.  As to his radio career, I doubt he's lost much momentum.
There will be more "lines."

Bill O'Neill