Severin Out

Blaine Thompson irw@well.com
Wed Apr 6 12:20:10 EDT 2011

Radio Ink reports this:

Here is the statement just released by Greater Media

"Greater Media today ended its relationship with Jay Severin. Our company
has always encouraged a free and open dialogue on a variety of issues and
topics, and we will continue to be guided by that principle. But we also
demand that our on-air talent maintain an appropriate level of civility,
and adhere to a standard that respects our listeners and the public at
large."

Jay Severin has been an important part of what we have accomplished with
96.9 WTKK-FM since its inception in 2000 and for that we are grateful and
wish him well in future endeavors. Unfortunately, it had become clear at
several points in the past two years that Jay was either unwilling or
unable to maintain our standards on the air. It's for that reason we have
made the decision to end our relationship.

In the interim, Michael Bower will be assuming the on-air duties from 2 to
6 p.m. each day on WTKK while we review our long-term programming plans
for that time slot."