Is Howie going national?

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 17:57:15 EDT 2010

On Mon, 9/13/10, Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting..he has some roots in
> _North_ Carolina (went to UNC; his
> mother and his late father down there). Howie's national
> syndication
> was spotty--he was in places like
> Newark OH, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Deluth MN, etc--rare he
> got
> outside of New England.
>
> WORD's site is http://www.newsradioword.com/ but no
> mention there from
> what I could see

I would say the Upstate has been much more aligned in the past with Charlotte and Atlanta, culturally, than Raleigh/Durham. It's probably three or four hours from Greenville to the Triad. Then again, Greenville has seen a fair bit of growth in the past 10 years.

That being said, I don't see Howie playing well anywhere outside New England. This theory has been proven time and again with multiple attempts at syndicating his show nationwide.

(Maybe Howie could fill some sort of tea party niche? But I'm thinking he'll still rip the same people he always rips, and 80 percent of his targets are in the Massachusetts legislature.)