Full service radio

Doug Drown revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Thu Sep 9 10:28:16 EDT 2010

Having been in New Brunswick over the weekend and having listened to CBC Radio One with its full service format, I'm wondering if there are any 50,000-watt commercial radio stations left in the U.S. that still tout themselves as such.  WGN in Chicago was the last one that I knew of.   WTIC and WGY were, I think, the last in the New England-eastern New York area, but both had morphed into talk stations by the early '90s.   I know there are small-market stations such as WDEV that could still be called full service, but has the format died out completely as a major market contender?    -Doug