Boom Boom Brannigan passes on

Doug Drown revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Thu Oct 28 14:50:54 EDT 2010

Joe, you heard it right: It was Pudney.  Earle (with an "e") Pudney.
He was with WGY for over fifty years.  I only vaguely remember him.  I
do remember Howard Tupper, who was also there for decades and who
retired, IIRC, not long before WGY morphed into a talk station ---
early- to mid-'80s, perhaps.

Ernie Tetrault, the longtime evening anchor for WRGB, who was there
about fifty years as well, remarked shortly after GE sold the stations
that working for WGY-WRGB was like working for the federal government
--- great pay, great benefits, great job security.

-Doug