AM Skywave in Upstate NY - was Boom Boom

Doug Drown revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Thu Oct 28 08:15:23 EDT 2010

When I was a kid I used to listen fairly often to WCFL and WLS at night.
I was stunned when I learned that WCFL, one of the great Top 40
stations, was owned by the Chicago Federation of Labor.  All I could
think of was big guys meeting in conference rooms filled with cigar
smoke.