worthy competition - was Boom Boom

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Wed Oct 27 20:43:37 EDT 2010

From: "Linc Reed-Nickerson" <linc@reed-nickerson.com>
To: <kvahey@gmail.com>; "'Doug Drown'" <revdoug1@myfairpoint.net>;
<boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org>; "'Dave
Doherty'" <dave@skywaves.net>; "'Dan.Strassberg'"
<dan.strassberg@att.net>
Cc: "''" <Boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:56 PM
Subject: RE: worthy competition - was Boom Boom

Driving down the Everett Turnpike from Concord to Manchester (in the
60's) there was a place where you could just see the beacons on the
WKBR array, but you couldn't receive the station. Last time I drove
down the turnpike, which was probably in the 80's the trees had grown
enough you could no longer see the array.

There was a similar situation with WSMN in Nashua, there was almost no
signal at 180 and 260 degrees, theoretically near a null.  When you
drove by on the way to Milford the carrier would disappear and you'd
be left with just sidebands!  Growing in Acton in the 60's WOTW had a
nice signal, but I never heard WSMN, for obvious reasons, same with
WSRO in Marlboro.

Their application for the new array looks much better, those were some
of the deepest minima I've seen,

Linc