BSO on the radio - not for me anymore

George Allen gallen2@nescaum.org
Thu Oct 14 12:21:33 EDT 2010

And indeed, 89.7 HD2 [line of sight] is probably my only answer for
BSO on the radio.  [No, I can't put my dipole in the attic].  Being
clueless about the variations on the HD theme, is HD2 the same or
lower quality [bitrate] than HD1?  Or will that vary depending on the
station [WGBH in this case]?
    Thanks - George

From: Bob DeMattia <bob.bosra@demattia.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:01:27 -0400
Subject: Re: BSO on the radio - not for me anymore
Sid, You are correct about 99.5 HD.  However, since he receives 89.7 well,
89.7-HD2 might work better than 99.5 analog.
-Bob

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Sid Schweiger <sid@wrko.com> wrote:
"Would HD work better?"
It's doubtful.  From anecdotal evidence, the HD carriers appear to have the
exact same problems with terrain as the analog signal.  As with analog FM,
height helps.
Can you at least put that indoor antenna in the attic?