WEEI versus The Sports Hub (was: Entercom to buy WFNX?)

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 13:55:34 EST 2010

On Sat, 11/27/10, Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@mail.com> wrote:
> And these days some people may have mp3 players with a
> radio included and it's FM only. Yes, the Sox are on FM in
> Gloucester/Beverly and in RI, but for many others, what if
> you have your mp3 player/radio with you and you want to hear
> the Sox? You're out of luck, but now...

With the advent of smartphones, I don't think this is a big deal -- especially in a heavily urbanized market such as Boston. Even if I want to listen to WEEI in Pittsfield, I can, on my BlackBerry.