Entercom to buy WFNX?

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Nov 27 08:04:04 EST 2010

Kevin Vahey wrote:

> The Weekly Dig Media Farm column in the print edition strongly hints
> Entercom is about to make the move to put EEI on FM
>
> Entercom buys WFNX and then moves Mike-FM to 101.7 with EEI moving to 93.7

  Would Entercom also buy the other Phoenix owned radio stations: the 92.1's
in Peterborough NH & Sanford that simulcast WFNX and 1220 in Sanford which I
believe is ESPN radio 24/7. If Enterccom buys the FM's and simulcasts WEEI
or Mike: the Peterborough 92.1 would give them coverage in Nashua, North
Central MA (Townsend/Fitchburg/Leominster/Gardner) and out towards Keene.
Until Costa Communications signed on the translator for WNNW Lawrence,
Peterborough put a decent signal into Lowell, now the co-channel signals
battle it out. I'm not familiar with how much coverage the 92.1 in Sanford
gets, I'll guess it covers Rochester & Dover OK, maybe not as well in
Portsmouth.

Mark Watson