Best HD Reciever

Blaine Thompson irw@well.com
Mon Nov 8 23:52:07 EST 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Sid Schweiger wrote:

> Almost all of the HD radios I've played with are relatively deaf, with
> one exception:  the Sony XDR-F1HD.  It has won almost universally
> stellar reviews, although it has two drawbacks IMO:  Its build quality
> is variable (lots of reports of bad ones out of the box), and it's only
> a tuner...no amp or speakers.

I purchased a "refurbished" Sony XDR-F1HD from the Sony website, and the
unit they sent was physically damaged, and didn't power on.

I returned it, and received full credit, but that was a month wasted of
ordering, shipping, complaining, returning, and finally receiving credit.

I went elsewhere (some website) and purchased the same model (New), and it
works well.  I paid probably $10 more, though.  The frustration, as usual,
is priceless. :-)

- Blaine

Blaine Thompson                                    Indiana RadioWatch
irw@well.com                              http://www.indianaradio.net
                 AOL Instant Messenger: indianaradio5