Best HD Reciever

Nickolas Noseworthy ncn86@hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:07:02 EST 2010

Hello all, was wondering if anyone could help me out. My parents live in Merrimack NH, and have had the same stereo reciever for over 20 years. Its an old Pioneer SX-2600, and the radio reception in the living room has never been that good. I am looking into getting them an HD reciever for christmas, but I need to know what the best one would be for them. I dont want to spend more then $800.00 either. Heres what they need. 1. Better Radio Reception: Having a tabletop HD radio, I know the advantages and want them to have those advantages as well. It must be HD ready. They constantly complain that one of the few stations that comes in well is ZID, so good FM reception is crucial. 2. Multi room: They want to expand with speakers outside, so seperate zoning is needed. 3. 7.1 surround: They want to expand the 2 speaker system they have, so 7.1 surround sound is crucial so they can expand the system well.4. I also want to run the TV, CD player, Playstation 3, and Wii through the reciever, so it needs to have enough inputs.
A fully functioning Home Theatre Reciever with HD radio and Multi room capability. Any thoughts?
(Oh, and a new indoor antenna)-Nick NH