Boston-Radio-Interest Digest, Vol 14, Issue 131

Bill Smith bill.smith@comcast.net
Tue May 18 23:31:39 EDT 2010

WCOP was NBC as early as 1968.  Thor's mention of Monitor led me to
search the archives for my bookmark of a Monitor tribute site
http://www.monitorbeacon.net/  If you poke around you'll find a March
16, 1968 edition of Monitor taped off air from "Light and Lively"
WCOP, complete with a JIm Dixon WCOP "First in Sound, First in
Service" newscast, so a Boston station did clear a good chunk of the
long-form NBC offerings.  Warning:  It opens with a straight read for
a new wonder drug that relieves pain in "the affected area."
Preparation H.

One would assume that Monitor was dumped when Plough decided to play
the country hits