a suggestion for my new book

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Tue May 18 20:01:19 EDT 2010

As has been discussed already, I think having the picture of a well-known,
widely-recognizable personality might give a browser the idea that this book
is about that person.  That would either attract them and disappoint them,
or drive them away because they were not a fan of this person.  My opinion.

I'm thinking that the best picture would be one of a little-known
personality at a microphone or in front of a camera prominently displaying
call letters of a well-known Boston radio (or TV) station.  I think that the
best call letters to display would be WBZ because of its national notoriety.
But personally, I'd stop dead in my tracks if I saw WMEX displayed, and
would have to buy several copies.  But that's just me.

This is a fantastic idea and I'm already looking forward to seeing the
finished product!

Thanks,
-Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Halper
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:26 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org
Subject: a suggestion for my new book

As many of you know, I am working on a new book-- a pictorial history
of Boston radio and TV.  The editors (Arcadia Press) asked me to
choose a cover photo of a famous Boston radio or TV personality, and
frankly, I can think of many possible choices, but wanted to ask you
good folks-- what famous Boston radio or TV personality (past or
present) is sufficiently well known that they should be on the cover
of a book?  Your suggestions are deeply appreciated.