a suggestion for my new book

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Tue May 18 18:41:07 EDT 2010

For what it is worth I have absolutely no idea what any outstanding without
question BOSTON personality would look like to the exclusions of others. I
said that to indicated I think no one else in the country would recognize
one either. Like, show me a picture of someone who is a major personality in
Chicago and I would readily identify who it is? However, there is a
solution, simply have whoever you select behind a microphone labeled with
call letters everybody knows are from Boston such as WBZ or in front of a
studio with same or whatever. That way your editor's, may I say dumb, idea
won't fall terribly flat and everybody will understand what the book is
about even if they don't recognize the personality. Given that, I favor
putting Edwin H Armstrong, the inventor of FM and investor in the Yankee
Network (you know, the person Sarnoff denies driving to suicide by his
machinations with the FCC over where the FM band ended up) on the cover. In
particular there is a picture of him in front of a "Yankee Network" remote
or chief engineer's vehicle that would be my suggestion. (Sarnoff of course
belongs on the cover of the New York book.)