a suggestion for my new book

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue May 18 18:00:48 EDT 2010

<<On Tue, 18 May 2010 16:46:12 -0500, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com> said:

> There are a number of 40-50 year olds nationally that know the zip 02134
> A friend says (seriously) that the most famous Boston broadcaster is
> Tom Bergeron. Eek

Surely that's for his nationally-syndicated TV work, not for anything
he did in Boston.  If you include national shows, the most famous
would have to be Leno or Conan -- but neither of them is known for
anything they did while in Boston.  (I don't think either was ever on
any local broadcast here.)

Not being a native Bostonian, I couldn't comment on who *would* fit.
(The famous broadcast personalities of my youth, many of them
recognizable from photographs, would be Bird Berdan, Marselis Parsons,
Ernie Farrar, Louie Manno and Jim Condon, and Ken Squier.  I suspect
the Arcadia book on Burlington/Plattsburgh broadcasting history is a
long way from being published.)

-GAWollman